Monday, April 11, 2016

I just finished Chapter 4 of Fervent and it was just as life changing. Satan has truly succeeded at stealing my focus far too many times. I never realized how often he uses me and distracts me into thinking I am at war with a person. When in reality he is using a person to steal my focus from battling the true enemy of this world! I realize today that when we see Satan as the true culprit in our problems it helps us contain our anger against people and instead we focus on fighting the real enemy. By fighting against people we are allowing Satan power over us. And that's just not ok. On top of that we are being unlovely to people that may or may not know Gods love and power. This is why it's so important to stay in prayer, so that you can maintain your focus on God and not be distracted by the enemy. Here's my prayer for today...


MY LORD, MY GOD, I EXALT THEE. I AM IN AWE OF YOUR AMAZING POWER AND HOW YOU SHOW ME DAILY OF YOUR UNCONDITIONAL LOVE FOR US. LORD I THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME LIKE THIS. I ASK YOUR FORGIVENESS FOR MY SINS AND THANK YOU FOR SENDING YOUR SON TO PAY MY PRICE. LORD I ASK YOU TO CONTINUE TO REMIND ME OF WHO THE REAL ENEMY IS WHEN I AM TROUBLED OR FEELING ATTACKED. I ASK FORGIVENESS FOR WASTING SO MUCH TIME BATTLING THE WRONG ENEMY AND FOR FAILING TO SHOW YOUR LOVE IN ALL WAYS. LORD PLEASE HELP THOSE THAT I MAY HAVE ACTED UNLOVELY TOWARD TO FORGIVE ME AND REVEAL TO ME IF THERE ARE STILL THOSE THAT I NEED TO ASK FOR THAT FORGIVENESS FROM. LORD, I THANK YOU FOR REVEALING TO ME ANOTHER WAY THAT SATAN TRIES TO SEPARATE ME FROM YOU. I KNOW FROM YOUR WORD THAT NOTHING EVER CAN SEPARATE US. I KNOW THAT I DON’T HAVE TO FIGHT THESE KINDS OF BATTLES BUT INSTEAD NEED ONLY TO FOCUS ON YOU. IT SAYS IN YOUR WORD THAT THOSE BATTLES ARE NOT MINE AND THAT YOU LORD ARE FAITHFUL AND WILL STRENGHTEN AND PROTECT ME FROM THE EVIL ONE. I CHOOSE TO FOCUS ON YOUR WILL AND TRUST IN YOU TO KEEP ME SAFE AND TO CONTINUE TO TRIUMP OVER DARKNESS. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME THAT THIS WAR HAS ALREADY BEEN WON. THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING SO HARD TO KEEP ME AND FOR HELPING ME GROW EVER CLOSER TO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment