Thursday, April 21, 2016

Walking With Dinosaurs Movie Worksheet and Unit Study

I am a homeschooling mom of 4 great kids. Today we decided to take some down time so the kids watched the movie "Walking with Dinosaurs." I am a Christian mom but not one of those moms that don't allow my children to watch any shows that have evolutionary views. Which this one definitely supports the theory of evolution. Instead of avoiding any books are movies with these fictional theories we take the opportunity to teach our kids to use discernment and biblical support to distinguish between fact and fiction. I made up a worksheet as we watched this movie so the kids had a way to document the assignment. This movie had numerous interesting educational elements. I chose to highlight the ones I knew my kids had not yet learned a great deal about. I made up the worksheet to fit all four kids, though their answers were drastically different. I have kids that are first, fourth, seventh and ninth grades. This was so much fun that I decided to share. We are also are doing a research project along with this worksheet and movie in which the kids each chose one of the dinosaurs talked about in the movie to research and learn more about. They are taking notes over their research and will write and share a brief summary of what they've learned as well as draw or sculpt their dinosaur. I love that even when we are having a relaxing day, we still take the time to enjoy learning. This is why I love homeschooling! Enjoy!

This website was also a very helpful resource in learning more about the dinosaurs...

http://www.bbcearth.com/movies/walking-with-dinosaurs-the-movie#image-3965516


Below is the worksheet I made to go along with this movie. Feel free to copy and use for yourself
..........................................................................................................................................................



Walking With Dinosaurs Movie Worksheet

Define Symbiosis:


·         Give an example from the movie of symbiosis and explain it:



Define Migration:



Define Predator:



Define Carnivore:



Define Herbivore:



Define Omnivore:



Define Insectivore:



Which of the above food diet terms best fits Patchi and his family?


Give at least 3 examples of why you know this movie is not true or a fiction film:








According to the bible, if this was a true film would men have also been around during this time?

·         Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment